Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Book Blogging

Once again I barely make it to the EST deadline for qualifying as Monday. In my two weeks away from the inter-tubes, I came up with a grand plan for this week's post, involving a discussion of how our interests as children can grow from the tiniest seeds. Of course, my road to hell is well-paved. Not to mention, the 5yo has been sick for the past two days.

My favorite book as a child was The Magic Friend Maker [one googled site lists it available for $53 and Amazon says starting at 39 cents, but the bad news is no one's posting a picture of the cover]. I tell myself that my romance with New York City was started with this book. I still have my copy, which I have read to the girls and planned to read here, but remember that dark road to hell??

Anyway, when I was pregnant with the 7yo, I found this book



at the local Unitarian Society book sale and loved the beautiful city-inspired illustrations.

So here is a messy, raw version of One Monday Morning, by Uri Shulevitz.



So far I have only taken the girls to the city once--to see Christo's Gates in Central Park. We'll see if they are as drawn to the city as I was...

1 comment: