Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday Book Blogging

The power of parent propaganda is potent and persuasive (and I like alliteration when I'm tired). I recently caught myself poo-poo-ing teenage girl singers who do that phony cutesy-sexy thing that I can't stand. I figure my daughters can make up their own minds about music, so I'll try to keep my opinions in perspective. But when it comes to politics, I have no qualms about telling the truth as I see it.

A friend of mine, whose daughter was in my daycare at the time, brought me this book sometime before the last election so that, as she said, I could combine my vocation and my avocation. The story started many conversations with my children and some of the older daycare children and gave me lots of opportunities to indoctrinate them into the progressive paradise. The cliff hanger ending in The Three Little Pigs Buy The White House, by Dan Piraro, was resolved unfavorably in real life, but it ain't over yet...

1 comment:

Hecate said...

You know the poem by Frost, right?

But yield who will to their separation,
My object in living is to unite
My avocation and my vocation
As my two eyes make one in sight.
Only where love and need are one,
And the work is play for mortal stakes,
Is the deed ever really done
For Heaven and the future's sakes.