Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Song For Thursday

The 5yo's best friend was trying to teach her to sing some of his favorite songs, but since he didn't quite know the words or melodies, it was tough. I asked his mom if she would be willing to make a mix for us so that the 5yo could learn the songs and then they could sing together.

When she gave it to me, I gave it a listen. On a 75 minute CD, there was only one song that I already owned, but I knew most of the songs. They're a certain kind of radio hit, aka earworm, but listening to them through the ears of a 5yo, they are fun in a way that they never were for me before. They woke me up even better than coffee.

I went looking for a YouTube of my daughters' favorite from the disk. And since I learned over at the crack den that liberals love cats, this seems like the perfect version.

No comments: